The GR-D offers a Twin Pedal design, and is equipped with flexible mono/stereo I/O for blending the sound of your guitar with the output of the GK pickup, as well as for integration with amps, stompboxes, multi-effects, and other V-Guitar devices.
The GR-D features a 13-pin input for use with a guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup, or any other GK-pickup equipped instrument. Unlike standard monophonic guitar pickups, the Roland GK pickup senses and isolates each individual string, sending them as six discrete signals to a 13-pin jack. When connected to a V-Guitar device like the GR-D pedal, each string can be processed individually, opening up sound possibilities that are impossible with a normal 1/4-inch guitar output.
VG-DIST 1 and VG-DIST 2 sound types offer two very different distortion flavors newly developed for the GR-D, while POLY DIST is a new variant on the classic "polyphonic distortion" in early Roland guitar synths. The SYNTH type is an analog synth-like sound based on string vibration instead of an oscillator, providing a responsive, expressive playing feel.
- Roland’s V-Guitar technology in a Twin Pedal stompbox
- Real-time DSP for latency-free performance
- Sculpt your tones with GAIN, COLOR, and TONE knobs
- Solo function provides an instant volume and presence boost for lead playing
- 13-pin GK input; designed for use with the GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster, GK-3 Divided Pickup, and all GK-equipped guitars
- Flexible connections for easy integration with amps, pedals, and multi-effects
- Four user memories, with remote selection from GK-equipped guitar
- Runs on six AA batteries (included)
- Optional power supply