The CN-1 Chameleon Cab is a unique, one of a kind, speaker cabinet emulation tool that we have created due to the increased popular demand of performing live with out a guitar amp or combo, or practice or record guitar at home studios. Now, guitarists can easily play with their favorite distortion/od preamps directly into a computer, PA or DAW. This would have otherwise, been impossible, resulting in a thin fizzy brittle sound by not using the proper cabinet emulation.
Historically the use of tube amplifier loaded on the speaker system with one or several special guitar-intended speakers for guitar channel has been a standard. The frequency response of such a system is much more limited in frequency range compared to broadband acoustic systems used in home stereo systems or headphones. The main feature of a “guitar” speaker is the lack of high frequencies (above 5 kHz) because the distorted (overloaded) sound of the guitar is very unpleasant when you play it via broadband loudspeakers.
Connection of external audio devices (MP3 player, etc.) for guitar practice. The use of devices similar to AMT «CHAMELEON» CN-1 is, as a rule, is a forced measure, due to the circumstances restricting the freedom of guitar equipment choice. Since to completely reproduce the entire sound palette of real guitar speakers and tube amplifiers you can only need a real guitar system.
Due to many factors the absolute sound identity of the simulation is practically unattainable; in case of AMT «CHAMELEON» CN-1 we can only say about close approximation. But given the wide opportunities of CN-1 whose parameters can give you satisfactory sounds, and in cases where the use of a real system, for whatever reasons, is impossible or impractical.
Connecting mp3 player or a metronome to AUX and headphones to PHONE, you can immerse yourself in individual practice without disturbing people around you.
– SIZE CAB Adjusts the overall speaker cabinet size being emulated. Simulates smaller 1 x 10″ style cabinets all the way up to a thick sounding 4 x 12″ cabinet, and everything in between.
– MAGNET Adjusts the frequency cutoff response of the speaker magnets.
– POSITION Emulates moving the microphone closer to the center of the speaker cone, or further away from the center.
– TURN Emulates the rotational axis of the microphone, from straight on – to an angled away facing microphone.
– AMT Speaker Emulation Circuitry
– Cab Size, Magnet, Position, and Turn Controls
– 1/4″ Input and Output Jacks
– 1/8″ AUX Input and Output Jacks for other various devices
– Powered by 9-12v DC, Negative Center