The Audio-Technica AT2020 is a large diaphragm condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid polar pattern, great for recording vocals, acoustic instruments and guitar cabs. This mic is ideal for project/home-studio applications, thanks to high SPL handling and a wide dynamic range that makes it a perfect choice for most things. It's been custom-designed with a low-mass diaphragm that provides an extended frequency response and will catch your fast transients for a clean and clear tone.
When using it in the studio, the AT2020's cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, which means that you get an awesome recording of the instrument or voice you're trying to capture - and not much of anything else that you don't want! In terms of setup, the pivoting and threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone - exactly where you want it!
AT2020 side-address microphone has long been praised for its affordability and performance, elevated by Audio-Technica’s stringent quality and consistency standards. Now, the Limited Edition AT2020TYO presents this studio condenser with a traditional AIIRO (indigo blue) finish, a colour used since ancient times in Japan.
With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease. The specially designed diaphragm provides a wide range of frequency characteristics and superior transient response.
- - The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology.
- - Ideal for project/home-studio applications.
- - Rugged construction for durable performance and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility for various scenes.
- - Specially designed diaphragm provides a wide range of frequency characteristics and superior transient response.
- - Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source.
- - Includes a stand mount for easy and precise placement of the microphone.
- - Element: Condenser
- - Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- - Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- - Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- - Impedance: 100 ohms
- - Maximum Input Sound Level: 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- - Signal to Noise Ratio: 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- - Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max. SPL
- - Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- - Noise: 20 dB SPL
- - Weight: 12.1 oz (345 g)
- - Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type