The BOSS SYB-3 was the world's first bass synthesizer to be packed into a compact pedal, and it found favor with experimentalists and tone afficiandos alike. Today, the next-generation bass-synth pedal has arrived - the SYB-5. Utilizing the latest in DSP technology, the SYB-5 faithfully reproduces the fat and sharp sound characteristicsof classic analog synthesizers.
BOSS SYB-5 at a Glance:
- 11 internal synth sounds, envelope and LFO modulation.
- External pedal input jack for cutuff filter and LFO rate control, note hold.
Enhanced Sound With the Latest DSP
All of the 11 internal synth sounds have been markedly refined and enhanced to produce a fatter, more cutting sound than ever. The sounds are built on variations of three oscillator Waves (Saw, Square, Pulse) and filters that modulate according to the envelope
and LFO changes you apply. You won't believe how much synth-bass beef can come from such a small pedal.
Enhanced Playability Via External Control.
An external pedal input jack has been added to the SYB-5 for connecting an EV-5 Expression Pedal (sold separately), which allows you to control filter cutoff and LFO rate in real time with your foot. In Modes 1-9 you can use the SYB-5's onboard pedal
to hold a note while playing a bass phrase over it. Time for a bass solo? You bet!
BOSS SYB-5 Bass Synthesizer Features:
- 11 DSP variations of Saw, Square, and Pulse synth waves
- Control filter cutoff and LFO rate via EV-5 Expression Pedal (sold separately).
- Enhanced Wave Shape Mode provides sharper sounds.
- Hold notes with the onboard pedal and jam over the top.
- Bass Synth
- 1 x Instrument; 1 x expression
- 2 x 1/4" (mono, stereo)
- 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- 1 x 9V
- 1 lb